Using a Plagiarism Scanner to Scan Research Journals
Plagiarism can be defined as “representation of another author’s language, thoughts, ideas, or expressions as one’s own original work.” It is unethical, a mark of academic dishonesty, and can have serious problems. If plagiarized content violates the copyright rules then it is punishable too. Thus, plagiarism harms not only harms the reputation of a person, rather it can destroy it & Along with the person the reputation of the institution is also at stake. Copyleaks plagiarism scanner helps to scan for database research journals
Different Forms of Plagiarism
There are a few kinds of plagiarisms that freelance writers, academicians, and journals need to be aware of. They are:
- Self-plagiarism: Submitting someone’s own previously written report without necessary acknowledgment. Other than the verbatim overlaps, self-plagiarism can refer to the publication of identical papers in two places (called “duplicate publication”).
- Paraphrasing: Altering others’ work by a few words or closely following their structured framework without due acknowledgment
- Mosaic plagiarism: Inserting snippets of someone else’s texts with their own work
- Inaccurate authorship: Neglecting to cite sources or trying to get credit without contributing anything to the work
- Direct plagiarism: It occurs when someone copies another author’s work word for word without using quotation marks or giving an appropriate citation.
- Self-plagiarism: While direct plagiarism or mosaic plagiarism is easy to detect, it is also less frequently seen. However, one would be surprised to find that one of the most common types of plagiarism is self-plagiarism, which is sometimes, also regarded as unintentional plagiarism.
Hence, to avoid unnecessary problems, it is better to stay aware. What problems? Well, there can be numerous problems, especially if you are in the academics.
Consequences of Plagiarism in Academic Arena
It is better to be aware of the consequences of plagiarism, which can be:
- Dismissal of the project or work: Often, plagiarism results in complete removal of the project. If a publication standard dissertation or thesis is copied or plagiarized, then the entire students’ work is destroyed.
- Expulsion from the institution: Plagiarism can result in expulsion from the academic institution, in some cases, permanent expulsion. This is severely damaging to anyone’s career.
- Legal actions: In extreme cases, strict legal measures can be taken against the students for plagiarizing a specific document. As plagiarism can lead to copyright infringement, which in most countries, is a punishable offense. Action can be taken against them in a court of law, and this might affect their career.
If a person is aware of the consequences, then it is likely that s/he will not engage in the act of plagiarizing any particular document.
How copyleaks plagiarism checker works
Plagiarism in any form is harmful to the person plagiarising and any journal or institution they are associated with. Hence research journals need to always keep an eye out on plagiarism and correct them on the spot. One can always check each file individually for plagiarised content. However, the process is inefficient and cumbersome.
But a better approach would be to compare multiple files using an online plagiarism checker.
Adding a plagiarism checker to database research journals writing process is essential to continue the integrity and pride of the writing, authors, and namesake. Copyleaks plagiarism scanner will help to save time and preserve the original published works.
The Copyleaks plagiarism checker is precise in plagiarism detection. Copyleaks uses sophisticated technology, such as machine learning and artificial intelligence technology to detect copied content.
After the user has created an account, s/he can easily upload their document and check for plagiarism. All online sources, as well as internal databases, are checked for plagiarized content.
It then displays a comprehensive plagiarism report that will show if any similar text has been found, with the similarity percent, and allows comparison of the original text with any other sources. If required, the users can use the filters to filter the quotes, references, etc.
Once all results have been obtained, an entirely accurate report with the recent findings is available and shared with students or other colleagues. This helps eliminate duplicate content from research papers.
The Copyleaks online plagiarism scanner helps ensure that the content is entirely original. It is the ideal plagiarism checker for colleges and other educational institutes to quickly check database research journals to publish only quality content.