Know the Reason Behind Avoiding Plagiarism and Plagiarized Content
Duplicity in content is pretty known in today’s date. It is not at all impossible to find any similar article on the internet. Copied content on someone’s website is very harmful. It leads to a negative impact on the page, which affects the SEO of the website.
Now the question is, does plagiarize content hurt websites? Well, the answer is yes. It does affect the SEO of the website. Websites should not have plagiarized content, as it is pretty unethical. The owner of the website should pay, penalty because of plagiary.
The first thing, which comes to a writer’s mind, is whether their content is plagiarism-free or not. Words such as “Plagiarism and duplicate content”haunt the writers’ minds before publishing their content.
Unfortunately, plagiarism may occur unknowingly as well. Most importantly, people with zero SEO knowledge also use common phrases, which, in return, come under the agenda of being plagiarized.
Copying any content is very easy. But this copy and paste of the article may kick the content writers out of their career. The content writer needs to keep a proper hold on the Google rank of the article. If a spectator spot plagiarized segments in an article, then the writer would be nowhere, as his or her work is considered to be a stolen work.
Therefore, here are a few cases, which suggest how plagiarism hurts the SEO of the website. It can help both the web page owner and the writer of the web page.
Case One: Lazy Writers Work Can Harm the Content SEO Rank
1. Absence of originality : Original content holder never gets hurt in their website rankings. But few are indeed very lazy to work hard and believe in copy and paste. It leads to a massive problem for them. In worst cases, the website may get flagged as well. Duplicity in content is a crime in the world of the internet.
2. Patchwriting : This may lead to many SEO issues. A small change within the text of the copied article is harmful to the website. Audiences are in search of authentic content. Deliverance of plagiarized works is also not acceptable and harms the website.
3. Cut, copy and paste : This is the topmost laziest work in writing. To give a good outline for the article, few writers would cut some small sections from a source, then copy and paste it to the website. It is not at all acceptable. The Search enginewill not penalize the writer for the deed. Still, the writing will not be an original work.
4. Accidentally Plagiarizing Another’s Work : Unknowingly, plagiarism may occur without any knowledge of the writer. Especially, at those times when the writer is working on a specific niche which is very common. Writers often copy similar words or phrases without even realizing it. Hence the work may pop out as plagiarized content.
Case Two: Duplication Can Hurt the SEO Rank
1. Can all duplicate content hurt the SEO rank? Well, most of the content on the internet is common. Amongst them, only a few can hurt the SEO of the website. Internal duplications will not harm the search engine rank. However, it may result in a web page getting linked to the wrong page for the given keywords. Internal duplications include things like paragraph repetitions and duplications done in various categorizations.
2. The writers are allowed to take hints from other websites to make an interesting blog. But keeping that, Google would allow, if the content is handled with care. It will not let markdown to the rank of the website. But it will put up a big “no” to those websites, which have been copied from multiple domains. If such things occur, the search engine may remove the website from the search engine.
Case Three: Republishing the Guest Blogs on the Website Might Hurt SEO Rank.
1. A website may have many guest posts. But this should not confuse Google. The content needs to have originality in the website, even if the website has guest blogs. Sometimes, writers may get encouraged by their guest posts on some other website.
2. Even the writers have the desire to republish the guest post onto their website. Here the question comes, whether this is going to hurt the SEO rank of the website. To avoid Google’s confusion, the writers may add HTML tag lines to their posts.
3. A Canonical tag may work as a savior for the website. Canonical is a biblical word that suggests the “official version”. Even if an article gets republished on the website, the writer should add a canonical tag. It will help in denoting the search engine about the originality of the post.
Avoiding Plagiarism in Content Writing
Now the question arrives, how to avoid plagiarism in content writing?
Avoiding plagiarism in the content is very challenging. Some readily available online plagiarism checker helps the writers a lot in this regards.
a) Plagiarism can be avoided by adding quotation marks to the expected copied phrases.
b) Text modification with proper citation of the source may help.
c) Before publishing content, it is always recommendable to pass the content through the software tools of plagiarism checker. It helps to encounter similar items, and the website may not get hurt.
Using Copyleaks to Avoid Writing Plagiarized Content For a Website
The Copyleaks plagiarism checker is beneficial in this regard. They have an innovative technique that is AI-powered that helps to prevent the content from plagiarism. Moreover, this checker allows the user to check their content in 100+ different languages. Thus, making it a perfect pick. Especially for those who are planning to have their website in their native language. Passing through a plagiarism checker is always helpful to sustain the writing career in social media since the audience is devoted to the original content. Therefore, leading to a good hike in SEO rank in Google. It also helps in putting up a positive impact on the website.