In present-day, international students are increasing a lot in the worldwide universities. The Chinese students are also among them. The Chinese language is one of the famous and populated languages on the entire globe.
International education is possible to explore and encourage the exchange of knowledge, diversified culture. It also builds up a relationship within diverse cultures and populations. Nevertheless, this also helps to boost up the economy or finance of specific countries.
Students all over the world need to do assignments in different languages. These assignments should pass through a plagiarism checker before submission.
Know the Plagiarism Meaning
At first, the question arises, what is plagiarism?
In simple words, plagiarism is stealing someone’s thoughts, ideas, and concepts and happens without that person’s concern. Originality at work is high.
It works as a breach of academic integrity, and at times, students may get suspended. Even in some cases, due to plagiarism, the writers need to compensate for plagiarizing.
Handbook for Chinese Students to Avoid Plagiarized Content
In some cases, Chinese students may commit plagiarism unknowingly when they are clueless regarding an apt way of improvising the thoughts and ideas of the other writers. Therefore, a handbook is given to the Chinese students that provide a guideline to them regarding plagiarism.
Thus, Chinese students need to know more about plagiarism and cheat checkers.
Avoid Plagiarized Content to get a Rank in Baidu.
In China, the most important and popular search engine optimization is Baidu. It is a company of Chinese Multinational Technology, which mainly deals with internet service and Artificial intelligence. It ranks as the second-largest SEO in the world.
According to the statistics of 2021, Baiduhas 71.9% of the market share in China. It is similar to Google. But it is complex and challenging by nature. The SEO deals with variant language users from different cultures, behavior, issues relating to laws, and technical issues.
In case of plagiarism issue, Baidu take actions that are severe than that of Western search engines. Hence, while uploading and updating content, one needs to be more than careful. They need to be super conscious because Baidu’s optimization ensures that the blogs get updated regularly. They are unique in every possible way.
How to Avoid Plagiarism in Chinese?
- Put a proper quotation mark in the text. Citing a correct source and even referencing a list also help to avoid plagiarism within the text.
- A proper summarization of the ideas should be there within the text. Instead of copying or just copy-pasting, the students shall read the text and draft the writings somewhere. Then portray their ideas and thought in their writing.
- Even in a short period, the students must be under pressure. In this regard, they might commit any copy-paste of the writing, or plagiarism may cause unknowingly. Here, they should know how to manage time smartly.
- Students should provide a correct reference to the text to avoid plagiarism.
- Citation of the source is pretty essential to avoid plagiarism in the text.
- Process the context through a plagiarism checker.
Even though, along with English, the Chinese language is also used in Baidu SEO. Therefore, there is a high chance of creating plagiarized work with the aid of internet sources. Most importantly, information is smoothly available in this SEO. Thus, the opportunity of copy-paste or modification of data or unintentional plagiarism may also cause.
Academics in China and the Plagiarism Issue
But in China, plagiarism is a big issue in academic institutions. Every institution has a specific plagiarism percentage limit. Beyond this limit, plagiarism in a text is not acceptable. Moreover, in some educational institutions, there is zero percentage of tolerance for plagiarism.
In Central China, the Hunan University of Technology gives only two opportunities to their students if they accidentally plagiarize. In the final dissertation work, the university checks thoroughly, the percentages of copied items are included in the dissertation.
Previously, most of the data found in the search engine were free, but things have become chargeable. Moreover, stealing someone else’s work is entirely illegal in China. One can also regard it as stealing intellectual property is not at all acceptable today.
Chinese Law for Plagiarizing Texts
Even there are Chinese laws governing plagiarism. One should know about it, so here they are for them:
- The Education Ministry of Chinese education has introduced a sampling method on the website. After submission of the academic assignment, the government shall progress a double-check process to avoid plagiarism. In this way, writers prevent plagiarism in Chinese Universities.
- Three experts would review every thesis. If two experts find that the thesis is not up-to-the-mark, the same would be in the problem.
- Chapter Five, Article 46 mentions the Copyright Law in China. In China, copying someone’s ideas, thoughts or words is considered a legal obligation. Later as a remedial, the person needs to compensate for their activity. It leads to the infringement act. For this copyright infringement activity, the writer is bound to administrative penalties. For this, a fine is imposed on the writer for plagiarizing.
- According to, “Tort Law of People’s Republic of China,” the person needs to compensate for such action if they breach someone else’s thought or ideas.
- According to the “Beijing Higher people’s court,” the student or the writer may get rusticated because of infringements.
In short, plagiarism is highly illegal in China.
The Solution to Plagiarism in the Chinese Language
Writers can avoid it if the writings pass through Copyleaks plagiarism. The software of Copyleaks is designed in such a manner that it detects the plagiarized segments in no time, and they are almost 99% accurate.
The software is AI-powered and consists of multiple languages. It supports around 100 languages, starting from English, German, Chinese, Japanese, and others. Copyleaks can easily and quickly determine the cheating part within the contents. One can smoothly detect plagiarism in the Chinese language with Copyleaks. Thus, there’s no worry left out for the Chinese language. Writers only have to process the content through the plagiarism checker software and be free from plagiarism.