#203 - VP of Marketing
Copyleaks is an artificial intelligence-powered plagiarism detection SasS platform which is used by hundreds of educational institutions and enterprises around the world to help identify and track plagiarism.
Copyleaks is looking for an experienced and dynamic VP of Marketing to join our fast growing Ed-Tech company. The VP of Marketing will be responsible for defining and executing a data driven marketing strategy to help Copyleaks grow their plagiarism detection platform and AI Grader solution. Reporting to the Chief Revenue Officer, the VP of Marketing will work alongside our Sales team and our CEO to develop our brand, communication, and go-to-market strategy.
This is a full time position.
Here’s what we’re looking for our rockstar candidate to do:
- Develop and execute a strategy to drive customer acquisition through a multi-channel approach, including search engine marketing, paid social, display, email, and SEO.
- Identify short-term and long-term department goals and resource needs, including the development and management of annual marketing budgets, spend, and other financial considerations.
- Build, maintain, and evolve a lead qualification inbound model to optimize MQL, SQL, CAC, and LTV. Support outbound efforts with content and A/B market testing.
- Manage a SEO and PR agency and/or build an in-house team to hit critical performance metrics.
- Build the marketing team by hiring and managing multiple direct reports such as SEO specialists, copywriters, social media managers etc.
- Conduct customer, brand, and product research initiatives. Assess competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, and new products, along with closely working with designers to create compelling and creative marketing collateral.
- Identify new opportunities and work with business operations to build business cases to test, measure, and scale new channels.
- Work cross-functionally with sales and technology teams to align on strategy and ensure the efficiency of marketing campaigns.
- Continually evolve and optimize our content using data and insights, and feedback from the sales team.
Ideal candidate should have the following skills and experience:
- You have 10+ years of experience in marketing leadership roles, with a track record of developing and executing marketing strategies for B2B or B2C companies (preferably with a SaaS company).
- You need to have the skills to support and pivot between Product Marketing, Demand Generation, Brand and the PR needs of the company.
- You will grow a team, so you need to demonstrate how to hire, onboard and train individuals to be successful. You must show strong coaching and leadership skills.
- Strong experience working with marketing automation tools such as Hubspot, Google Analytics and paid ad tools.
- Experience working and communicating with designers, copywriters, and website engineers to support/complete marketing driven projects.
- Skills to drive marketing activities with data and an A/B testing mental framework with the goal of constantly optimizing the various conversion flow funnels. Always be on the look-out for optimizations within your funnel.
- A proven leader and a self-starter who can independently lead both strategy and execution, gain internal consensus, and communicate effectively up and down.
- Excellent presentation and negotiations skills.
- Ability to understand and articulate complex technical aspects of potential technology integrations.
New York (hybrid)
If you have all of the above and more we would be happy to have you grow with us.