A few years back, people were less familiar with plagiarism due to the limited access of the mass to the content available. With time, people’s exposure to earlier information or restricted to the tendency to create duplicate content has also increased. Plagiarism in Germany,is nothing unusual. But thanks to the strict and effective copyright laws of the country, the issue of plagiarism receives proper care nowadays.
With the increasing standard of research and fact-finding, students’ abilities to create original and unique content becomes irreplaceable in academics. This competition among students enrolled in higher education often leads to the creation of duplicated content.
Research work is, no doubt, time taking process that requires creative exploration of the researchers. Creativity, if it is time-bound, tends to lose the needed freedom leading to plagiarism. Often the pressure of a deadline and lack of understanding of the subject matter also result in copyright infringement.
Countries like Germany, who are willing to walk the extra mile, have taken up extraordinary measures for maintaining the quality of higher education in schools, colleges, and universities.
The Effectiveness of the Laws in Germany
- Unlike a few years ago, when the entire world struggled to search the methods of dealing with plagiarism, Germany and other countries have centrally administered agencies to check on the quality of education to ensure that they are provided nothing but the best.
- State-led accreditation agencies ensured quality education is delivered by the institutions providing higher education to tomorrow’s leaders.
- Degrees and education programs are approved once they qualify the assured quality by the different accreditation agencies.
- These schemes drive the universities to have a healthy competition, urging all organizations to deliver equal, if not better, the students’ standard of education.
More About the Plagiarism Policies in Germany
- The centrally monitored agencies responsible for maintaining the standard in colleges and universities have efficiently made all the assessment and marking transparent, keeping the copyright infringement in mind.
- The process of cross-checking is an old but effective way of keeping the issue of plagiarism Germany under control. The faculty members thoroughly scrutinize the semester papers. The availability of text compare tools enables the faculties to identify the duplicated paper within a few minutes. The software highlights the repeated words, phrases, and such things that help proofread and determine the research paper’s quality.
- The oral assessment is an integral part of the overall assessment in colleges and universities. VIVA enhances the effectiveness of the evaluations providing students the opportunity to showcase their uniqueness and, at the same time, reduces the possibility of an accusation of plagiarism.
- The best way to limit access and control plagiarism is by using copyright over content, whether digital or printed. It helps an organization protect its content from content theft as the access is only allowed to limited viewers. Copyright checker capably points out those content that has copyright; thus, the users also can avoid using those content to save them from the trouble of copyright infringement.
- Students and teachers more aware of plagiarism and the consequences, and agencies to take measures to make them aware of it as they often indulge in plagiarism unknowingly.
- The country is popularizing the tools and apps available online, such as text comparison tools and plagiarism checkers that can separate the plagiarized one’s original content.
Consequences of Copyright Infringement in Germany
Cancellation of the Paper:
Undoubtedly, the consequence of plagiarism in Germanyis the research paper’s cancellation. A copied paper without any input from the writer himself or herself is null and void.
It does question not only the credibility of the writer but also damages the reputation of the writer. Especially if the student appears with a plagiarized paper in front of an external examiner, the institution’s reputation also comes at stake.
If the original writer’s content is protected by copyright, the offender may also face monetary loss. The same applies when the student or researches loses an academic year.
The content owner also holds the right to put legal charges on the offender, depending on the content theft intensity.
How to Avoid Plagiarism in Germany?
Generally, the content with copyright comes with a disclaimer to alert people seeking unauthorized access. Writers should be cautious about looking for these signs before using such content in their original work. It is better not to publish anything that is not written by the writer.
Knowing the art of citation saves one from the issue of copyright infringement. It includes the process of giving the writer the credit that they deserve.
Proofreading paper before the submission is also a vital part of preventing plagiarism.
One can use plagiarism checker tool to remove any accidental repetition of words, phrases, sentences, or others’ ideas.
Institutions often consider summarizing or paraphrasing as plagiarism if it is presented without proper citation. The writer should use his/her words and ideas to reduce plagiarism possibilities.
Using Copyleaks for Better Performance
Copyleaks copyright checker ensures that a paper is free from all types of plagiarism. In the present world, students often take cunning steps to avoid plagiarism. Hence, just a standard checker is not enough.
One needs to have a technically sound plagiarism checker, which provides an accurate result with the source from where the student or the writer has copied content.
Copyleaks is one such checker. It is supported by sophisticated technologies, such as Machine Learning technology and AI technology that maintain accuracy.