Paraphrasing a Topic with the Help of Paraphrasing and Plagiarism Tools
Paraphrasing is taking a particular passage and adapting it in their unique way. The significance of paraphrasing is that it reflects the understanding of the individual on that specific topic. It also helps the writer to write a plagiarism free content.
There is a difference between paraphrasing and summarizing. In paraphrasing, one has to reword the idea. Summarizing means expressing the fundamental concepts of a passage in fewer amounts of words as possible.
If the writer has to make the write-up more robust or high-quality content, then the paraphrasing skills are needed, just using the free paraphrasing tools are not enough
What is Paraphrasing?
Paraphrasing can be repeating either an idea or a sentence; in one’s own words, unlike writing a summary, paraphrasing doesn’t have to include all points made in the source. Furthermore, rephrasing shows that one had understood the original text well since they had to rephrase it using different words and structure while retraining both high quality, and the original message of their reference text.
Importance of Paraphrasing
Paraphrasing is a way to deliver the message or idea that another person wrote, in their words, and their structure.
Phrasing can be helpful and is essential in different ways:
- Paraphrasing can be an exciting way of studying a new subject or text, to paraphrase, one needs to understand the idea and the message of the writer very well, well enough to deliver the message in different built sentences.
- In academic paper writing, paraphrasing is an integral part of researching. During the research of a specific topic, the researcher gives importance to the texts related to the particular topic. Later on, to begin writing the research paper, they will need to use those texts, after they’ve read them, now they can rephrase.
- The writer can paraphrase instead of quoting to avoid duplicate content.
- The tool works when there is a need to rephrase a long, complicated sentence into a shorter, more straightforward sentence. The rewriter tool act as an article spinner that uses alternate words and phrases for the write-ups that easily get through the plagiarism software.
- In research papers, the writers have to state the articles and texts that reflect how well the writer had understood the subject and that makes the writing a reliable source.
Paraphrasing, Summarizing, and Quoting
Paraphrasing, summarizing, and quoting are essential and integral methods of writing techniques everyone should be familiar with.
These 3 ways are great ways to both avoid plagiarism and to present the writing as a reliable, diverse source for readers to enjoy and enrich their knowledge.
When paraphrasing, it is essential to remember that, the one is the writer and the creator of the content. Therefore, those who use paraphrasing, need to use their voice, their style of writing, and their expressions.
Summarizing, is to write, in a shorter way, and writer’s own words, the critical points made in the referenced paper. To summarize, one needs to extract the main points, out of the paragraphs, while discretionary omitting parts, or extending others.
Quoting is to state the writers’ phrases, or sentences, word by word in between quotation marks, to supports one’s writing or reliability.
The most important rule for all three methods above is to address the source and the original writer and giving them credit.
Difference between Paraphrasing and Plagiarism
To understand best the difference between paraphrasing and plagiarism, firstly, one needs to know the definition for the latter. Plagiarism is taking credit, for a thought, idea, or work of someone else, as their own.
It is the act of stealing a writer’s work, usually by copying and pasting their text, or parts of it, and taking credit for them. It is also the act of presenting a posted and written idea as new.
Paraphrasing is a way that the writers can adopt without committing plagiarism or by avoiding plagiarize content in the text.
In paraphrasing, the writer carries out research by reading different sources, and texts, that share the same messages. They read them, put them aside, and later on, write their article, or academic paper, without looking back at the reference texts, they had read earlier. One puts in their words, message or thought written in different sources and books.
To avoid plagiarism, it is best also to change the structure of the writing and the text, omit unnecessary parts and simplify the language. If the writer is using the direct quotation of the author then he/she should provide quotation marks and should also give proper in-text reference along with page number, else the plagiarism checkers, free or the paid version will identify it as duplicated content.
When paraphrasing becomes plagiarism?
Plagiarism is taking someone else’s idea and using them as one’s own. To do sufficient research and pen it down on the research paper, one needs to construct multiple viewpoints and perceptions and compare their merits accordingly. It includes a method of comparing and contrasting the ideas and synthesizing them in the writer’s own words.
The use of the article rewriter or the paraphrasing tool will not help much in this case. It will create a sloppily paraphrased text and not something that will easily give a score by the online plagiarism checker tools.
A sloppily paraphrased text is a plagiarized text. Therefore, it is better to use original words instead of copying from the master content. There are also many plagiarism checkers and paraphrasing tools online, that can be helpful in this matter.
Avoid Plagiarism while Paraphrasing
To effectively paraphrase an article, one needs to follow specific strategies on how to avoid plagiarism:
- Repeatedly reading the text that the writer wants to paraphrase, to have an in-depth knowledge of the topic is the first and the foremost step, the write must adopt to avoid plagiarism while paraphrasing. After multiple readings, this becomes an easy process.
- After reading the concerned passage, it is advisable to cover the portion and try to write it in one’s own words. It is an act of ‘active recall,’ and it helps in understanding the topic and lays a strong foundation regarding the subject.
- After the active recall method, the comparing of the note to the original takes place. IIt helps in analyzing the topic and effectively paraphrasing it.
- It is advisable to read and reread the work to see that it is devoid of any misinterpretation of the topics. If it is too similar to the original statement, then it is better to use quotations for those parts.
- It is reasonable to cite the source along with the year of publication.
A specialist who works with extratorrent claims that the key to paraphrasing an excellent article is to use statistics in writing. It is a brilliant move as they provide ample evidence to support the notions and ideas.
It is an essential part of the academic sphere, and research has shown that paraphrasing is helping when it comes to learning new topics. Paraphrasing is also a great tool to avoid plagiarism by merging various topic ideas into a single cohesive piece. Paraphrasing is a very valued option for academics at large.